Vision Computer Works Blog
Title: Scanner Chic
It’s not every day that you get to talk about true style in this industry. I mean, hand-held scanners and mobile computers aren’t exactly considered haute couture when it comes to design. So when a device comes across our desk that is TRULY a sleek, chic model, we’ve got to shout it from the rooftops (or in this case, write it in our blog).
… Okay, the fun stuff first:
- The cover on the DS4800 has the option of being customized to match your décor with a printed or patterned color; it can even include your logo to further strengthen your brand
- The optional Intellistand allows you to go from hand-held to hands-free without hassle, speeding up transactions and making the checkout process quick and easy for your customers and your associates
- There’s nothing traditional about this model; it’s cutting edge from top to bottom and even includes a modern capacitive touch trigger … complete with haptic feedback (let me save you the trouble, I already looked it up: “a tactile feedback technology which takes advantage of the sense of touch by applying forces, vibrations, or motions to the user.”) This means the user can choose how they like to scan, whether it’s with a quick tap, press or swipe. How cool is that?
I know what you’re thinking – it won’t stand up in YOUR environment, right? Well, don’t let this masterpiece of design fool you – it’s got all the power of a Motorola scanning device along with the precision and accuracy you’ve come to expect. So, for your more practical side:
- Ergonomics was not forgotten; the angled trigger and grip makes it a comfortable design for the user
- The DS4800 can capture any 1D or 2D bar code – – whether it’s a price tag, loyalty card, or even a discount coupon displayed on the screen of a mobile phone
- PRZM Imaging Technology improves decode performance and snappiness so scanning is fast and accurate every time
- It’s configured and ready to go; making for a smooth, out-of-box experience
- Low TCO is easy with Comprehensive Coverage and Service from the Start plans
Not all hardware ends up in a warehouse environment, or even in a fleet of 18-wheelers, and we don’t all need rugged specs that stand up to 3,000 tumbles (the DS4800, by the way, stands up to 500 tumbles – pretty impressive, huh?). So when it comes to retail, we need equipment that performs like those designed for a tough environment, but matches the design of the space and brand. This unit checks all the boxes when it comes to form, function and fully-loaded features.
As you’ve probably noticed, the face of POS is changing with technology. As more retailers migrate to integrated terminals and tablets to make room at the cash wrap for additional sales items, the bar code scanner must keep pace with these design innovations…without compromising quality and reliability. We think Motorola is right on the mark, and think retailers will Say YES to the DS4800!
For more information on Motorola Solutions’ line of bar code scanners and other peripherals that will make your POS shine, contact us today.
Tags: Motorola Solutions, bar code scanner, barcode scanning, DS4800, hand-held scanning, handheld scanner, retail scanning, POS technology, point-of-sale solutions